1. Reading can improve memory: "Just like muscles, the brain benefits from a good workout"
2. Reading can help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease: A recent study has found that people that read are two and a half times less likely to be diagnosed with Alzhimer's in later life.
3. You're more likely to learn something new every day if you read: Anne E. Cunningahm wrote a paper that discovered that reading frequently actually makes you smarter.
4. Reading can be therapeutic: Behavioural researcher Cristel Russel has suggested that reading can become therapeutic.
5. Reading expands your vocabulary: The more you read, the more words you will come across.
6. Reading helps children's maths: "A new study by the Institute of Education shows that children who read for pleasure are not only better at English but are also better at maths."
Improving, Mathematics, Memory, Phonics, Reading, Reading and memory,